Thomas Bush, CSP (Ret.), Safety Consultant
With decades of experience, Thomas has helped many organizations create a culture of safety and realize their goals in quality, safety and productivity through safety programs and regulatory compliance.
Thomas is an experienced safety professional in several industries including manufacturing, construction, marine, government contracting, health care, education and retail. He has served as director of safety and risk management for large organizations in the state of New York. Over the years, he’s developed and taught a number of safety training programs.
Some of Thomas’ educational and professional highlights include:
- Certified Safety Professional® (CSP ®)
- OSHA Construction Outreach 10/30 Trainer
- OSHA Hazardous Material 40/24/8 Trainer
- Defensive Driving for Passenger and Commercial Trainer
- DOT Drug & Alcohol Program Trainer
- The Construction Exchange – Safety Services Coursework completion:
- NYS Asbestos Supervisor
- NYS Code Rule 59 Auditor
- NYS Code Specialist 60 Drug & Alcohol program provider
- NYS Code Specialist Supervisor 60 for Returning to Work
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, University at Buffalo
- Long-standing member of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
When Thomas is not working, he enjoys staying active by hiking and cycling. He volunteers at his home church as a teacher, greeter and an assistant in the computer/sound system for worship services.
Thomas serves as a mentor to others who are either pursuing a career in safety or are interested in becoming a safety professional.