OSHA Safety Consulting for Manufacturing – Signal Mountain TN
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Safety Consultants USA provides OSHA Safety Consulting for Manufacturing to small, medium and Fortune 500 companies throughout the US.
The needs of manufacturers are unique when it comes to safety. In environments where both manual and automated processes are combined there are special safety challenges that must be addressed. Because the focus of OSHA compliance in manufacturing environments is different, so must the approach be tailored to these companies and their employees. The services of a manufacturing safety consultant can help a company address the OSHA-required safety training and written program compliance components, as well as uncover unsafety conditions and unsafe behaviors through targeted inspections. Here are some of the ways that we can help you reach your manufacturing safety goals and the advantages of using a safety consultant.
Many companies are uncertain where to even begin their safety journey. An excellent way to determine your current state (prior to an OSHA inspection) is a one-time facility safety audit. During an audit a safety advisor will look for violative conditions and document those findings as well as unsafe behaviors exhibited by employees. The company will receive a safety report documenting the findings and necessary corrective actions and provide a closed loop system to once the violative conditions are abated. In addition, this audit can uncover missing written safety programs and incomplete or undocumented training that is required based on the hazards which exist in the facility. These services are an excellent option for manufacturers looking for a baseline assessment.
Fractional Safety Person
Manufacturers that do not have the need for a full-time safety professional and have another employee on-staff that manages safety for the organization can often benefit from the services of a safety consultant. Many times safety rolls up under quality, operations or HR in many manufacturing environments and people in these roles can have an excellent grasp on the OSHA Regulations. People in these roles are most often very busy completing the work that is their primary function and because safety isn’t an emergency until it’s an emergency, safety can sometimes take a backseat to other priorities that are more immediate such as hiring, open enrollment, production or a quality issue. A safety consultant for manufacturing can ensure that even during busy times in an organization that the safety program continues to make progress and receives the attention required to keep the organization on the right path.
No Safety “Ownership”
There are other times when no one in the organization “owns” safety and the program exists but doesn’t receive the attention it needs to maintain compliance or ensure that the employees understand the policies and procedures. The services of a safety consultant in this environment can be especially useful because it means that someone is monitoring the safety programs to ensure they are up-to-date, conducting training with the employees and tracking safety training update requirements, and completing inspections to ensure that violative conditions are abated.
Add-on Services to Assist a Full-Time Safety Director
For larger manufacturers that employ a full-time safety director it can be useful to bring in the services of a safety consultant in order to verify that items are not being overlooked due to blind spots. In other circumstances having an objective 3rd party to verify that the observations are the same can be excellent validation for management and employees alike and can provide another point of reference to assure the organization that the safety program is headed in the right direction.
Several advantages of hiring a manufacturing safety consultant may be:
- Cost – The cost of a manufacturing safety consultant is likely to be only a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time safety director.
- Continuity – When you have a team of safety consultants who understand your facility and the operations therein, you will have the benefit of eliminating gaps that inevitably come from turnover that everyone experiences with employees.
- Expertise – A safety consultant is likely to see a wide variety of manufacturing environments and can share experiences from other facilities that may have bearing at other client facilities. The wide variety of manufacturers they are visiting, coupled with the variations in automation and even process safety management, mean that a consultant may have a broader ability to identify safety concerns and provide solutions that make sense.
- Experience – Different backgrounds and educational opportunities provide different insight to every safety professional. Often This translates to safety consultants who have seen a wide variety of environments and can bring that experience to bear on the challenges that manufacturing companies experience especially as increased automation continues to change the industry. Manufacturing safety consultants may have worked in other industries which allows them to bring unique ideas to the table when problem solving in a manufacturing environment.
OSHA Safety Consulting for Manufacturing for businesses in Signal Mountain TN
Manufacturing facilities can be hazardous places to work, with potential risks ranging from exposure to chemicals to accidents involving heavy machinery. It’s important for businesses in the manufacturing industry to prioritize safety in order to protect their employees and comply with regulations. That’s where our OSHA safety consulting services come in.
At Safety Consultants USA’s Safety Consulting, we provide comprehensive safety consulting services to businesses in the manufacturing industry. Our team of experienced safety consultants can help your business identify potential hazards and develop strategies to mitigate them. Here are some of the key benefits of working with us:
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations: Compliance with OSHA regulations is essential for avoiding fines and penalties. Our safety consultants can help you ensure that your manufacturing facility is in compliance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Reduce the risk of accidents and injuries: By working with our safety consultants, you can identify potential hazards in your manufacturing facility and develop strategies to mitigate them. This can help reduce the risk of accidents and injuries, and keep your employees safe.
- Improve efficiency and productivity: When safety is prioritized in a manufacturing facility, workers are more likely to be efficient and productive. Our safety consultants can help you identify areas where safety improvements can be made to streamline your processes and increase productivity.
- Protect your business’s reputation: A safe manufacturing facility is a positive reflection on your business. Working with our safety consultants can help improve your business’s reputation and make it a more attractive place to work.
- Save money on insurance premiums: By reducing the risk of accidents and injuries in your manufacturing facility, you may be able to lower your insurance premiums. This can save your business money over time.
Safety Consultants USA Location at Tennessee
Safety Consultants USA
315 Deaderick Street
Phone: (615) 806-8366
Fax: (615) 806-8367
Safety Consulting for Construction
Safety Consulting for Manufacturing
Signal Mountain TN
Signal Mountain is a town in Hamilton County, Tennessee, United States. The town is a suburb of Chattanooga and is located on Walden Ridge. “Signal Mountain” is used as a colloquial name for the part of Walden Ridge close to the town. The town population was 8,852 as of the 2020 census and estimated to be 8,567 in 2018.
Signal Mountain is located in southwestern Hamilton County at 35°8′N 85°21′W (35.1291, -85.3424), atop the south end of Walden Ridge. The southern edge of the town overlooks the Tennessee River 1,000 feet (300 m) below. The town is bordered to the south by the city of Chattanooga, to the northeast by the town of Walden, and to the north by the unincorporated community of Fairmount.
U.S. Route 127 (Ridgeway Avenue) is the main road through the town, leading south off the mountain 8 miles (13 km) to downtown Chattanooga and north over Walden Ridge 21 miles (34 km) to Dunlap.